Saturday, January 22, 2011

Joshua's Story- "Butterfly and Me."

Joshua makes up creative stories every day while he plays with his trains.  Sometimes, when we are driving in the van, he asks us to tell him stories, and other times, he'll tell one to us.  Tonight I asked him to tell me another one so I could write it down.  He didn't understand what I was doing at first.  He made up a "title" and I wrote it down.  I read it out loud, pointing to the words, and his face lit up with excitement.  He got it.  Here's his story, word for word:

BUTTERFLY AND ME 

Butterfly and Joshua were playing football game outside.  And a big car outside and it drive fast and it drived slow first.  And it CRASHED!  And it said, "Oh no, Joshua!" said butterfly.  And then it come back up and it got fixed.  It got some tape.  

And it come back and crashed.  And then Daddy said, "OH NO!"  

"We need some measuring tape Daddy," said Joshua.  "We need, I need to come back up again Daddy."

The End.

1 comment:

Michelle G. said...

This is so cute! I love it.