Wednesday, August 17, 2011

An Ordinary Day

Joshua requested a picnic today.  While I showered, John and Joshua filled his new Thomas lunch box (compliments of great-grandma) with cheese, pickles, carrot sticks and cucumber.  He ate the tuna sandwich before it made it to the box.

John had to leave for work in a few short hours, so in the interest of time we just went to the park around the corner and ate while seated on the lone bench.  John pushed him on the swing afterwards.

It was an ordinary afternoon.  John left for work and Joshua had quiet time (if a Veggie Tales sing-a-long counts as "quiet?").  I wanted to use that time to make a grocery list/menu, but Joshua asked me to have quiet time with him today...lists can wait  We cuddled, instead.  Then we played a game together, ate dinner, did a new puzzle (more compliments of great-grandma), read some Dr. Suess books (my personal favourites!), and got ready for bed.

That's it.  Just a simple day in the life of us.  But I loved every minute of it.  I always enjoy being a mom, but some days I guess I'm just extra aware of how blessed I am.  Today was one of those days.

1 comment:

Breanne said...

Oh Ashley. I love how you wrote about this day.

These kind of days are what makes life so beautiful...I'm not sure if it's the days themselves or the awareness of them that makes up the beauty.

I'm glad you wrote about it.

Love you.