Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hi Again.

Well, I'm kind of back.  Anybody out there?

I took a really, really long break.  I missed blogging but my brain wasn't co-operating.  I felt like I was getting my life back when whammo! It was gone again.  Every last symptom returned and then a few extra to boot.  There's a reason for it all but I'll spare all the boring details.

One day I'll write a whole post about it, but I don't expect friends to read it.  I just want to put it out there because there's a huge shortage of information and I want to make my story available with the hope that it will help somebody else.  I'm not really sure how to do that, other than writing about it here or starting a new blog to document the symptoms and recovery process.  Or maybe a YouTube video.  I don't know.  I'll figure it out.  (Totally open to suggestions).

Last month, John started a new job.  Next month we'll be moving to a new apartment.  This month, we are downsizing and packing and adjusting to a very new and difficult (but fortunately temporary) schedule.  In the meantime, I've been learning how to make kefir with raw milk and can't wait to use it in my first kefir-based smoothie tomorrow morning.  Well, kefir that wasn't purchased at the store, anyway.  Joshua and I have been doing reading lessons and he's already learning some basic words, which thrills me heart. :-)  And it's finally spring!  I've been enjoying sitting outside and getting some fresh air and sunshine while Joshua runs around in the park.

Joshua and I celebrated the first day of spring-like weather several weeks ago by donning shorts and going barefoot in the grassy area outside of our apartment and then we dug in the dirt for worms and beetles, and Joshy got all sticky and appropriately warm-weather-like with his first Popsicle of the year.

So.  That's life.

Last but not least, since I'm so very, very behind anyway, here's a few pictures from Joshua's 5th birthday party back in February.  I hate that feeling that I've taken dozens of pictures, only to find out I had a few...and of course, of those few, even fewer actually turned out.

The first is all the guests-- minus John, Rona and myself.  Uncle Chuck was the only family who could make it, representing the cousins and their families.  Two neighbor kids, V and K, also joined us.  Joshua has loved playing with them over the last year.  And Danielle, a friend from out west, who was here for a few weeks and helped a ton with party prep.  Thanks Daniellie!


Best buds.


No comments: