Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 9th

John's birthday.  I'm so grateful for his life, celebrated on this day and every other day in my heart, because I love him so much.  My best friend, my partner in crime, my confidante, my sidekick, and my lover.  The one who encourages my heart and who lets me see inside of his own.  The man who sticks with me through thick and thin, for better or for worse, and never falters in his strength.  My son's loving, caring, devoted Daddy. And pretty much everything in the world to me!  Happy birthday John!


We didn't plan much for the day.  There wasn't much we thought we could do during a sweltering heatwave and a temporary setback with my pain.  Then Rona called and we ended up going to her place and made use of her apartment's amazing outdoor pool.  Even I went in.  We picked up a pair of swim shorts on our way and they ended up too small.  I think I grabbed a Junior (girls) size by accident.  I sat on the edge of the pool in the glaring heat with my legs dangling over the side and Rona quickly talked me into coming in anyway, so when nobody was looking, in I went, jean shorts and all.  Ahhh! What refreshing fun!

Joshua showed no fear.  I was so proud of him.  He even jumped in from the side, with John there to catch him, of course.  Before long he was floating with the aid of his swimmies all on his own, kicking his way around, slowly inching across the water with his effort.  I think I'm going to look into swimming lessons for him this summer so he can keep up his confidence.  

Rona served a delicious lunch afterwards and the time passed so swiftly and pleasantly-- it ended up being the most relaxing day we've had in a long, long time.  

No comments: