It's American Thanksgiving. Once again, John is working the holiday. We kind of skipped over Canadian Thanksgiving too, with the exception of pumpkin soup made in its honor.
So-- turkey and stuffing are out of style around here, but thankfulness never will be.
I'm THANKFUL for:
1. a GOD who loves me so much that He sent His son to die for me.
2. freedom: to worship; to work; to play
3. a home to call our own: a roof over our heads, a furnace to keep us warm.
4. food: not only to fill our bellies and keep us nourished, but that GOD gave us hundreds of flavors to cook
with and enjoy.
5. creative license.
6. the four seasons: the promise of spring, the fun-filled summer, the beauty and inspiration of autumn and
nostalgia of winter.
7. people: young and old.
8. for the people that I call FRIEND. I have some amazing friendships.
9. my family: a loving, caring husband who has stuck with me through thick and thin- and my baby that I love
more than life.
10. modern conveniences that simplify life and make room for more of everything else.
11. good health: not at its best, but not at its worst, either.
12. the internet: I've become a research nut, and the internet is an amazing resource.
13. my more extended family: great in-laws, loving parents, and a hilarious brother who I can call a friend.
14. my little brother's memory: knowing Mark is with Jesus.
16. fresh drinking water: I don't have to drink from a mud puddle.
17. church family: no matter how far one travels, there are brothers and sisters on every corner of the earth.
18. trains, planes and automobiles: no more impossible covered-wagon rides. friends and family are always
19. the input of a Heavenly Father for every big and small life decision.
21. the ability to drink in the beauty of the world around me- to see; to hear; to smell. life is beautiful if one
will only look and see.
22. my childhood: every day spent in the city makes me so glad that I was raised in a friendly community
where play was a way of life and friendships were the most precious thing to be had.
24. the body's amazing ability to heal itself.
25. thankfulness. being thankful nearly swells a person up with gratitude and gives yet another reason to