Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I have to admit, I've been a little distracted this week, resulting in the severe neglect of this blog.  I started a second blog where I am recording any information I find on living life without a gallbladder, liver health, etc. and sort of compiling everything in one place.  There's just so much to learn- I could write all day and still have more to say.

I want to be a doctor.  I wish I could just snap my fingers and find myself fully certified.  The likelihood of my ever becoming a doctor is very slim, if not impossible.  Being a mother is my number one joy and priority in life, and is all-consuming right now.  Not to mention my current physical inability to do so.  So I'm content with my researching and trying to figure out all the puzzle pieces of my own health, along with John and Joshua.  I read books about interesting medical discoveries (within my brain capacity, that is), and am currently delving into the world of herbal medicine, which is particularly interesting to me.

I've got a liver tincture "tincture-izing" in the cupboard and dandelion in the kitchen to treat water retention.  I haven't used it yet.  I'm first re-correcting my diet- it's so easy to get off of the gluten/dairy-free eating, especially when I'm in a particular amount of pain and cooking isn't so do-able.  But I can't wait to see how it works.

So yea.  I want to be a doctor.  A doctor, and a dozen other things, too....because the world is full of things to learn and things to do, and it's all so fascinating.  But most of all, I want to be a Mom- and I am.  It's the very best thing of all.

No comments: