Wednesday, December 1, 2010

When I should have been cleaning the house, Joshua's friend came over to play.  And when I should have been packing my suitcase, Joshua and I baked cookies.  Chocolate chip cookies with red and green M&Ms.  After I put him to bed (one-and-a-half-hours late), I spent the next 45 minutes looking for his water bottle (all his sippy cups broke within two days...guess they were getting old and brittle).  Joshua spent that 45 minutes wide awake, waiting for the water bottle.  I finally found it inside one of his toy cars.

Now, when I should be frantically running around the house, trying to get everything together before we leave in the morning, I am blogging.  With my feet up.  Because they are so swollen I can't stand on them.  And because my back is on fire (figuratively speaking).  This paragraph has nothing to do with anything, except to explain why I am talking about a lack of time, when I am obviously *wasting* some of it by writing on my blog.  In case you were wondering.

I'm okay with all of this.  Joshua is only a child once, and I only have him with me for a 'few' short years.  He's been waiting for his friend to come over for days....and I promised him we'd bake cookies for his great-grandparents and grandparents....and, well, one must drink water.  ^-^  I had to make a choice between investing my time and energy into a clean house and a neatly packed suitcase....or a person.  My son.  And now, here I am, with a happy son and unexpected time to write and, oh... I guess I could complain about UPS.

I ordered a pair of dress boots to 'winterize' my summer dress and make it do-able for my friend's wedding this weekend.  They were expected to arrive Monday, Tuesday or today.  They didn't.  I actually ordered them much earlier, but when they came, they were too small.  Good thing we're taking my grandparents shopping on Friday.  I guess I'll be doing some shopping, too.

I'm SO excited to be going up to Canada.  The timing of this trip is perfect- I've managed to cram a lot of stuff into our travel plans.  It's going to be splendid.  

I'll be back in a few weeks. =)  I guess that's all I have to say.

Good night.

No comments: