It's May 17th and tonight I find myself wishing I didn't say I'd blog every weekday. I'd really like to bail. I'm sick...not too sick, but just feeling-less-than-normal kind of sick. It's been a long day. A day like today needs something like a big dose of thankfulness to cure the blahs. So, today I'm thankful for:
1) My husband. Through my ups and the downs (both emotional and physical), loves me consistently and tenderly. He is amazing.
2) My son. For the smiles he brings each day, for his chubby, kissable cheeks, and for giving me a reason to push myself forward each day.
3) Rainy days. A dark and cloudy day is just what the soul requires every once in a while. I cozied up with a blanket and read.
4) Good books. Today I read some of Michael Phillip's "Stonewyke trilogy."
5) I'm super thankful that Joshua fell asleep during his quiet time this afternoon. I needed the extra time to recoup and enjoyed the hour of sweet quiet and solitude.
6) My garden. My parents gave us three new bushes for our garden and they are thriving in their new soil thanks to the last couple of rainy days.
7) Well...I'm glad Joshua didn't get upset when he found his goldfish belly-up this morning. He's already talking about his next fish, which will be a black fish named "Soogy."
8) I'm so glad that Joshua is potty-trained! I wasn't sure how it was going to work out with my unique situation with my PGP, but despite the setbacks, he's potty-trained and almost diaper-free. I'm not quite ready to put him to bed without a diaper, though he has proven himself fine in this area, too.
10) Friends. I think they're the best.