Monday, May 30, 2011

Fresh Veggies...?

I'm slightly pessimistic about our new vegetable garden.  The location isn't as sunny as I feel a vegetable garden ought to be.  There are plenty of hungry, seed-loving critters around.  Um, I could list a lot of things, actually...but on the optimistic side if things go well, we will be eating fresh-from-the-garden carrots, spaghetti squash and corn.

Next week, if there's enough room in our small plot, I'd like (them) to plant a few more edibles, but Joshua picked the first round of seeds himself.  It's really his and John's project.

John had to dig up all the ground, first.  This was his second day at it.  Joshua stayed faithfully by his side through every minute of it.  He has become John's shadow.  A rototiller would have been faster and more effective, but after John discovered a random pipe of unknown origins, I am very glad that he stuck to the old-fashioned way.


Dirty face.


An ancient relic of the past, unearthed by John.  


Planting the seeds.



Oh, and my roses are in full bloom.  The bush is over 50 years old and it shows off hundreds of blooms every spring.  


No comments: