Tuesday, May 3, 2011

10:26pm...

I almost didn't make it tonight and it's only day three.  My back is aching so bad- not because of the PGP but because I used muscles that haven't been used in months.  That makes it easy to deal with, but hard to blog...so I'm just here and then gone again.

Rona and Andre came over this evening and we spent nearly three hours in the backyard.  We talked, the boys played.  Perfect.  They left when it was dark.  I gave Joshua a warm bath to wash all the dirt away, bandaged his scrapes, read him some books while we cozied up on the bed, and now he's asleep.  I haven't even had dinner yet.  Time to make something before I curl up on the couch with a book.  It's been four years since I've been able to curl up on a couch, let alone even sit on one (not enough support)....it's been a wonderful spring full of small but steady progress, and there are some things I hope I never take for granted again.  I am filled right up with joy and thankfulness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh sounds like a fabulous night!!! xoxo Angela

Breanne said...

This made me happy to read and I'm so glad you did blog for a few minutes. =)