Monday, May 23, 2011

I wish I had the camera with me today.  We went to Pennypack Park.  It's a HUGE park with many miles of hiking trails.  I wasn't able to get far, about 1/8 of a mile.  It wasn't much, but I was happy with that small accomplishment since it was almost all uphill.  So...that would make it my first official "un-hike" in four years.

We stopped when I needed to and Joshua waded in the shallow creek water, tossing stones and sticking his hands under the one-foot 'waterfall.'  We stayed as long as I could handle standing and, oh, it was a glorious afternoon!  The trees were lush and green, so thick that I could barely see the sky above.  There were (barely) any traffic noises, no people, no garbage, the air was clean, the birds were singing, and the sound of trickling water was music to my ears.  Mmm-hmm...I love the country.  It made my heart happy.

When we got home, John built a small fire with sticks and he and Joshua roasted hot dogs and marshmallows.  John is now putting a tired, but very happy little boy to bed, and I am heating bean dip in the oven.  We're going to sit in the living room with out plates and watch "I Love Lucy" and pause the TV as often as we need to when we talk in between bites and laughs.

These are the kind of days that I love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like an amazing afternoon!

enjoy your bean dip and I love Lucy!!


xoxox angela